You have imported a folder of images into Lightroom. Later you add more images to that folder. Have Lightroom figure out which haven’t been imported into its catalog and import them for you:
- In the Library Folders panel, right-click on your folder (ctl-click on a one button mouse) .
- Select Synchronize Folder. Lightroom looks at the folder and determines how many of the images it does not yet have in the catalog.
- Check Show Import Dialog if you want to be able to copy, move or rename the files, add copyright metadata, keywords, or apply develop presets as the images are imported.
- Scan for Metadata Updates will look to see if any of the images already imported have been updated more recently in Bridge or another program. (It will read check the XMP file.)
- Hit Synchronize.
- If you checked Show Import Dialog, go through this dialog as you normally would.
There are many situations where you may add more images to a folder. Here’s one example: a client of mine has a folder of scanned images. This folder of images has been imported into Lightroom. When she scans new images and they are saved into the folder, she now synchronizes the folder to get the new scans into Lightroom.