Hooray — the official 2.3 release of Lightroom is out. This fixes a number of bugs in 2.2 that I am happy to have behind me.
The goal of this release is to address bugs that were introduced in previous releases of Lightroom 2 and provide additional camera raw support. A comprehensive list of issues fixed in this release is included below:
- In the Windows 64-bit version of Lightroom an sFTP upload process could cause Lightroom to crash.
- Slideshows could return to the first image randomly during playback.
- A memory leak could cause Lightroom to crash while attempting to process files with local adjustments.
- Canon EOS 5D Mk II sRAW files could process with artifacts in Lightroom 2.2.
- Lightroom 2.2 could cause disc burning to fail for Windows customers.
- Attempting to undo(CTRL-Z) a single step in Lightroom 2.2 on Windows could cause a series of previous actions to be undone.
I actually installed the early release of this a few weeks ago, and no longer experience the crashes that I had with 2.2.
LR 2.3 and ACR 5.3 also introduce support for the Nikon D3X and the Olympus E-30.
Updates are free. In Lightroom, go to Help>Check for Updates to install LR 2.3. In Bridge, go to Help> Check for Updates to install ACR 5.3.