Have you experienced crashes in LR 2.2 that you didn’t experience before? Many have complained about memory leaks and other issues. Adobe has announced that LR 2.3 will address the following:
- In the Windows 64-bit version of Lightroom an sFTP upload process could cause Lightroom to crash.
- Slideshows could return to the first image randomly during playback.
- A memory leak could cause Lightroom to crash while attempting to process files with local adjustments.
- Canon EOS 5D Mk II sRAW files could process with artifacts in Lightroom 2.2.
- Lightroom 2.2 could cause disc burning to fail for Windows customers.
It hasn’t been released officially, but you can download the early-version “release candidate” if the issues are holding you back and you want to move to 2.3 early. According to Adobe, “The ‘release candidate’ label indicates that this update is well tested but would benefit from additional community testing before it is distributed automatically to all of our customers. The Lightroom team would like the community to help verify the quality of this update through normal usage as this will ensure that the application is tested on a diversity of hardware and software configurations not available internally at Adobe.”
No word on when the official version will be released.
To upgrade, go to adobe labs.