Sometimes I use Bridge to look at images, and from there I decide which ones to import into Lightroom. It is then easy to simply drag the images over into Lightroom.
- Size your Bridge and Lightroom windows so that you can see both.
- In Lightroom, go to Library Grid view (shortcut G). It does not matter what folder or collection of images are showing.
- In Bridge, select the images you want to import.
- Click and drag from Bridge over onto the Lightroom grid (thumbnail area). Let go.
- The Lightroom import dialog will open. Specify import options as usual.